HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Friday, January 15, 2010

Hearts for Theme Thursday


I made this necklace with some of my vintage button collection. If you click on the image you will be able to see better the little round buttons, the rhinestone buttons, and at the bottom, I put a black glass button in a cabochon to make the charm. I stamped the word LOVE on paper and put it under glass in another cabochon. It fits this weeks Theme Thursday of "Hearts". I love making jewelry and as soon as my art room is all set up I will be making more.

Today I am putting the last bits of supplies away in my room. My linen bins arrived and it was amazing how fast they filled up! Didn't I throw enough away??? I have a few more bins coming in the medium size and that will help with finishing up the job of organizing.

I am planning to make some curtains and a chair cover, and I am scouting out a chandelier to shabby up for the room. It has been a lot of work, but I feel so renewed by doing it.

This morning as I was filling up little vintage glass dessert cups with colorful beads I was feeling very grateful for my life, for my room and for all the creative ideas that rush into my mind. The sun was streaming through the window, and I felt such a sense of wellbeing! I know I am in my right place.

Thanks you for coming by!

21 comments:

Willy said...

Marvellous necklace!

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Amazing necklace.

Yvonne said...

Exquisite necklace, Terri!

K said...

gorgeous necklace!

Lori Saul said...

A beautiful necklace for this 'hearts' theme. Wonderful art!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning! What a beautiful piece of jewelry!

peggy gatto said...

I wish I COULD MAKE jewelry!!!
This is just lovely and delicate!!!

Terri said...

Thank you ladies! And Peggy, just come over and we will make some jewelry!

Lorraine said...

what a fantastic necklace I love your gothic arch too..great style pieces. I have a feeling you are going to create some marvellous art in your room of your own. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments about my textured houses

Debby said...

hi Terri,
WOW!!! This is fabulous, what a wonderful piece.
Debby

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Looks like we are both working on our craft room. You seem to be farther along. Although I did do quite a bit today. Love your necklace. How talented you are. I will take your remedy tonight for my knees, thanks for the heads up. Blessings, Martha

Terri Gordon said...

Oh Terri, your necklace is just lovely, you really should make more, it is just beautiful. I am so excited to see your room. Hope you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Terri: Just wanted you to know, I followed orders and it worked. Feel good today, just a little sore. Thanks so much for the advise. Blessings, Martha

Becs said...

Hi Terri, thanks for the visit. That necklace is lovely! I love old buttons....Hope to see more pictures of your new studio...Becs

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh Terri this is just brilliant! I adore all the wonderful details and vintage feel of it. Are you ever going to sell items like this? gorgeous gorgeous art!

*jean* said...

i LOVE you necklace!! fantastic! and i am still cleaning out my studio...it's been months! i can't seem to part with things...you never know when you might need them!

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

Thank you all for stopping by and for your very kind comments!
I will be making more like this one. I may sell on Etsy one day.

Martha, I am so glad the bath helped.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your studio is coming along nicely. I'm anxious to see the finished results...with all the teasers you put here, it's bound to be just splendid! Like your necklace. You're an inspiration!

Lynn said...

You are so talented Terri, and this necklace is so well put together and delightful, I viewed the close up :)
So happy you are feeling joyful in your newly decorated studio , hope you have lots and lots of days like that.

Alexandra said...

Hi Terry, you have a wonderful blog. G. Alexandra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...