HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Monday, October 25, 2010

Tea Cup Tuesday in England

Hello All and Welcome to Tea Cup Tuesday!
Just look at this beautiful English Pub. The flowers adorning it are just stunning! Wouldn't it be lovely to have tea here, by a window in the sun.

I wish I had more time to tell you about my travels here in England. I am busy visiting with my friend and traveling to see different sites around the country side. You may not believe this...but antique tea cups seem to be pretty scarce here in shops. I finally decided why...everyone is still using theirs! But I was able to find two tea cups this weekend.

This first one I call my Fruit Cup, it is well used and I am sure well loved.
I am already enjoying the use of it.

It has beautiful fruit in the bottom of the cup....


....and simple gold floral decorations on the side.

I think that this stamp is a Crown China back stamp, but I am not sure. Does anyone out there recognize it? I know it was made after 1920, but that is all I know.

Isn't this an adorable violet cup? The bright purples and greens are quite lovely.

This one was made by Hammersley and Co. As usual for a pottery company, this one too went through many changes over the years, and now is part of Spode China. This cup could be dated anywhere between 1936 and 1963(?). I did find out that this pattern is called "Victorian Violets" and it has many variations over the years.

I want to tell you all how thankful I am for all your visits! I also want to welcome new participants in Tea Cup Tuesday. I have enjoyed visiting all your blogs! Thank you also, those of you who have become "followers".
If you would like to join in Tea Cup Tuesday, please post about a tea cup of yours and share it's history, how you came to have it, where it is from or who it is made by. Martha and I love seeing all your tea cups! Don't forget to stop by and see Martha as well. She is a dear soul and collects everything under the sun....do I have that right Martha? (giggle!).
Once you have made your post, come back here and sign in with Mr. Linky. Please do not sign up if you do not have a tea cup in your post. Also, make sure that you click on your own link once Mr. linky gets it up, just to check and make sure it works. I still have trouble each with with a couple links. I don't want to miss out on visiting any one of you.

Hugs to you all and have a fabulous week!
Terri

33 comments:

Gee said...

Hi Terri,

I guess you must have really enjoyed yr vacation in England. We should travel more often to see the other sites of the world. My, your so called fruit cup is another beauty. I have never seen that kind of design before. Thanks for sharing.

The Charm of Home said...

That is beautiful. How neat it would be to see England. I would be in heaven.
Sherry

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

O, I dream of visiting England some day! I can just imagine the fun you're having. The teacups are gorgeous! I thought at first there was real fruit in the bottom of that teacup; it is so life-like! The violet one is beautiful too. Thank you for taking time out from your sight-seeing to host the tea party.

Blessings,
Sandi

Princesa Nadie said...

Dear Terry
I love your fruit cup and the violets one!
I hope you are enjoying your days in England
Kisses

Bookie said...

Oh, you are traveling! What fun! Yes, I would have thought cups would be in abundance in England, but you have found two nice ones. I have friends in Wales...wonder if cups are in short supply there too?

Victoria said...

So beautiful!! yay Terri..so fun to visit with you while on your trip..enjoy...have a dazzling time! beautiful tea..happy Tea time!
Kiki~

Createology said...

Your travels in England sound just wonderful. Love the two teacups with saucers you have acquired. Safe Travels my dear...

{oc cottage} said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are the luckiest duck ever!!!

m ^..^

xinex said...

They're just beautiful, Terri. Thanks for the education. I did not know Hammersley is part of Spode now. Looks like you really enjoyed England. Who wouldn't? I enjoyed visiting the Whittard of Chelsea Tea shop there.....Christine

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Terri: I would love to travel where you have been. I guess I will just have to see those places though your eyes. I just love the first cup with the fruit. Both your cups are amazing. Have a wonderful time and share, share, share! Blessings, Martha

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

I am so happy to have found this beautiful blog!!!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

so sooorry ! just noticed i was on the list already after i'd entered it here! anyway, i've made it all worth your while to visit today :) see you soon !!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

and have the most FAB time in England as you can! any teacup/china with violets makes my heart glad :) glad you've found yours! and EnJOY every bit of sightseeing you can ~ i loved being there too :)

BECKY said...

Hello Everyone! I e-mailed Terri and hopefully she can delete my first blog URL, which is incorrect. I'm so sorry for the mix up. :o

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Dear Terri, I wish to visit the land of Queen again and your tea cups are just lovely. I especially like the violet teacup! I think the flowers are just sweet! thanks for sharing and have a good time!
xo
fitty

KathyB. said...

I had to look twice, and carefully at that, to see the strawberry in the bottom of the cup was not real! Lovely teacups and I think you are right about the scarcity, the beautiful cups and saucers are still being used!

You are having the most wonderful trip. My husband and I would love one day to visit England....but I will enjoy her vicariously through you~

Lululiz said...

Beautiful teacups, my favourite is the one with the sweet little violets, so precious.
And you are so right, teacups are not that easy to find over here. I very rarely see beautiful single cups at boot fairs.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

looks like a wonderful trip! I love New England. The cup is also just lovely! Hope you have a wonderful week! :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Two beautiful tea cups and saucers !! I am sure there is a lack of tea cups in the shops there as they still drink quite a bit of Tea there.....much more I think than we do in the States!

Enjoy your visit with your friend and have a safe trip back!

Hugs,
Debbie

paperbutterfly said...

You are in the best place to enjoy tea when in England!! How lucky for you!!!
Lovely tecups you ahve shared.
Wonderful memories,
Thank youu for hostessing once again.
Blessings, Pam

joanne fox said...

I am so glad you're enjoying your trip to England. The weather has been pretty kind here up until today. I am in the midlands and it's raining heavy this afternoon.

Hope you find some more teacups before you go back home. I get a lot of nice china in charity shops, but you can look for ages and not find anything. It just depends if you happen to go in on a good day and get lucky. x

Snap said...

Its so nice to travel with you! Love the tea cups you've found ... especially the fruit! Fun! Happy tea day!

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Terri, Oh what a wonderful post, I am so glad that you are so busy on your vacation, how wonderful. I love the tea cups that you shared with us today. Have a wonderful time, we miss you. Hugs, Terri

Marie said...

Hi Terri - I'm so happy to see that you're enjoying your visit to England (and also a bit jealous :-)

I love the fruit tea cup you shared with us today...how lucky are you that you get to see the pretty tea things over there.

I take it you won't be coming to my Halloween High Tea?

Happy Tea Tuesday!
-marie

parTea lady said...

Yes, wouldn't tea at the Fleming Arms be wonderful. Sounds like you are having a great trip.

Both your cups are very pretty. I have a fruit cup with the exact same fruit pattern, except the background is pale pink. It has the same crown mark and it is Royal Grafton Fine Bone China.

Sandra Evertson said...

Such lovely fine china!

Sandra Evertson

Kimberly said...

Your fruit cup is adorable, even the floral design on the outside is gorgeous. Looks like you're a=having a lot of fun in England.

Pellie / Penny said...

Lucky you still hanging out in Merry Old England.

I love both your teacups this week.

Hugs,
Penny

Patti said...

Wow, to be enjoying tea in England has to be such a treat!!!

Both of your teacups are lovely. But I especially love the fruit one. It is stunning!!! Flowers are common, of course, but I've never seen a teacup with fruit. So totally unique...and beautiful.

Today I also showed a teacup that didn't have the manufacturer's name, just a logo. Like yours, it was a crown of sorts. I'll need to do some research to see if I can find out more info.

Anyhow, blessings to you,
Patti

Jann said...

Lovely, lovely teacups!

WW said...

I love teacups that have extra art inside. I like to think it was a bonus for the tea (or whatever was in the cup) drinker when they got to the end of their drink.

jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Terri -- thanks for hosting this great party and for visiting my little blog!!
I'll be back soon!
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Dear girl this was the best! Thanks for showing me the beauty! Take care and bon voyage friend! Blessings and light, Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...