HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pillows


Hello All!
Happy Sunday!
As you know, I have slip covered my orange couch...
I have not shared a pic yet of how it came out
 as I am wanting to share when it is all done : )
This past week I have had a few moments to work on some new pillows.
There were so many style options!
I finally decided I wanted to work with vintage linens and doilies. 


This pillow was the easiest one. It was a lovely linen towel with a cut work design.
I used one of my favorite rhinestone pins to secure the front opening. 
I had thought of using a pastel colored lining so as to show off the cut work more, 
but then settled on only shades of white and cream for all the pillows.


This sweet little heart pillow case was a lucky find!
It is delicate fabric, and I needed to be careful as I created a heart shaped pillow insert for it.
I chose a deeper shade of cream for the liner.


This was is my favorite pillow so far.
I used two linen napkins with heavy crochet edges.
The unusual cross shaped doily was perfect for the background,
and the lovely darker circle doily was just right for the center.
The finishing touch is a beautiful mother of pearl vintage button
that I have been saving for something special.
It looks much nicer in "person". 
The main part of the cross doily is machine sewn,
the other doilies are hand sewn to the napkin.

It has been a busy summer here, and I am slowly getting the projects done that I have been dreaming of. I still can't believe I actually finished the slipcovers! 
Soon I will show all!

How are your summer projects coming along?

BTW:
I have heard back from some of you that I have been sending out advertisements for...
ahem....
certain kinds of "aids" for adults.....if you get my drift! 
I am totally not doing this, but must have been hacked in some way that I can not even imagine.
So if you receive an odd message with my name attached to it, IT IS NOT ME! LOL!!!
I had actually received some of these e-mails and comments myself from another blogger, but didn't know her and though "Oh well, everyone makes money in different ways" but now I realize that the poor women probably doesn't even know that she has been hacked and that the messages are going out. I have gone back in my deleted files and found her and sent her a message letting her know.

Rest assured! I am only making pillows! Lol!!!
...not selling adult medications or "toys".
...no judgement on those that do : )

Also, I am having really weird things happening to my posts...
Blogger is adding hyperlinks randomly.
They do not show up on my compose window,
but they do on my preview window and on my post.
Anyone else have this?

Anyways...
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a fab day!
Hugs,
Terri
 




20 comments:

Unknown said...

well im risking commenting terri lol!!!!! but just had to take the risk,hehehe,,,the pillows are so beautifull and love the heart one so much i think i need it you can keep your aids ill snuggle up anyday with a pillow this gorgeous....but not fussed what others do....love sassyxxxx

Snap said...

Love the pillows! Can't wait to see the slipcovers! :D

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love the pillows!

Rita said...

Terri, your pillows are stunning. Its wonderful to see such beautiful fabrics put to use in this way. TFS. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

Barb said...

Oh my Terri, your pillows are little works of art, soooo lovely!
Barb

Sweet Pea said...

Wow, Terri, such classy pillows. Adore them and makes me want to make some of my own...if I only had the time!
Here, we are all eagerly awaiting summer and I have been busy working on a quilt for my sister's 50th and feeling the pressure.
Maybe your hyperlinks are a result of the hacking?


Marjanne said...

Hi Terri I love the pillows, so romantic! I am sorry you are a victim of hackers!! I hopper you can sort it out

Marjanne said...

Hi Terri I love the pillows, so romantic! I am sorry you are a victim of hackers!! I hopper you can sort it out

Marjanne said...

Hi Terri I love the pillows, so romantic! I am sorry you are a victim of hackers!! I hopper you can sort it out

Marjanne said...

That was twice, don't know why.... And hopper is hope (I am doing this on a smartphone)

Marjanne said...

Hi Terri I love the pillows, so romantic! I am sorry you are a victim of hackers!! I hopper you can sort it out

sharon said...

Gorgeous pillows Terri, I am drooling over the linen and MOP, bling, and all the vintage! I cannot wait to see your slipcover, I know it will be amazing! Thank you for all your kind words...I appreciate every one, you are such a wonderful sweet kind friend.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Terri,
your pillows are just gorgeous - love them.
Have a wonderful start of the week.
Hugs,
Marie

Holly M said...

As with everything you make, these pillows are grace and beauty made manifest. Thanks for sharing your magic.

Flora said...

Bad things happen on your blog but this is perhaps the price of success?
Your blog is very popular and maybe someone takes advantage of this to gain publicity for their own business ...
I, frankly, I prefer cups and beautiful pillows (like these today) rather than other "toys" :-)
For now a big hug, soon I take part in the teacup tuesday with my new acquisitions :-)
Flora

Linda Kunsman said...

Terri your pillows are sooo beautiful- I just love the vintage, lacy soft look of them.

debi said...

Oh Terri, your pillows are beautiful!! Can't wait to see the whole picture!

xinex said...

The pillows are so adorable, so romantic!..Christine

Gaby Bee said...

Hi Terri,
your pillows are amazing. I love the vintage look of them. Beautifully done.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Gaby xo

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love your pillows, Terri!! They are gorgeous. I'm following you:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...