HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Artist Share and a Swap ATC

Hello All!
Today I am sharing some artists creations that I have been lucky enough to receive. The first Artist is Michelle Carrier, and above is a beautiful card that she sent me. So well designed! And below is the ATC she sent me for a swap at Paperwhimsy.com. It is very dimensional, as well as gorgeously crafted! Thank you so much Michelle! (I apologize for not having a link for you, I couldn't find your contact information)

Below is a magnificent Post Card Art from another friend at the Paperwhimsy forum, Linda.
I love the vibrant colors she used in this piece as well as the sweet sentiment.
In actuality, Linda did shelter me....I accidentally sent my post card to her, but it was a PIF and was meant to go to another, and she very graciously sent it right off to the rightful recipient!
Thank you so much Linda, for your beautiful art and for your kind assistance.

Now here are the tea cup pages I received in return for my own pages. We are to create a tea cup book from all of these pages, but for now, I have strung mine on satin ribbon so I can see them all for a while. They are so fabulous!

This page is by Lisa. Such beautiful colors and so romantic!

Lovely back as well!

This pretty in pink one is from Terri. I love all the flowers.

Such a sweet back with a lovely sentiment!


This lovely peachy pink one is from Dawn, see the beautiful strawberry she added!

Pretty strawberry paper!

This "elegant in white" one is from Debi. The addition of rhinestones really makes it fabulous!

...and the back is just as elegant!

Thank you ladies! All your pages are so well done and so lovely to look at!
Thank you so much Terri for hosting this marvelous fun swap!

The next two photos are of a Fairy School that Theresa made after watching my Fairy School Tutorial series. She did such a whimsical job! There are so many amazing details in her school!

You can click on any image to see it better. You don't want to miss the details : )

I love the fairy sitting on the school roof!
And the cat isn't even interested in the slightest!
Your fairy school is so imaginative and I love your fairies.
Thank you so much for sharing with us Theresa!

Below is an ATC I created for the June ATC lottery over at Paperwhimsy.com. This lottery is so fab, everyone creates an ATC with a theme, this month is Garden Music, and then at the end of the month a winner is chosen and they get all the ATCs that were entered!

I first painted the card with acrylic paint, then used Stazon ink to stamp a script pattern. I used a tissue paper transfer (see my new Tissue Paper Transfer video button at the top right bar of my blog) from a vintage periodical and used gel medium to apply it. The girl is a Paperwhimsy image, and I trimmed the bottom with very old actual silver lace. This was very fun to work on.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit. Don't forget I have a month long Happy June Giveaway! There are 4 different gifts to win, just click here to see all four. You only need be a follower to enter. Just leave a comment on the post of the gift you want to win. Enter for one or enter for more! Yay! Good luck to you all!

I am participating in the Mad Tea Party hosted by A Fanciful Twist!
I am excited about this and have been working on setting a Mad Tea Party Table!
I will post it on Saturday, so stop by and see!

Hugs,
Terri

18 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow...such a super beautiful array of magical goodies...all charming and poetic...so sweet and special!! OH yay..I look forward to your mad tea party post!! Hooray..! beautiful post Terri..wishing you a beautiful day!

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Hi Terri, that precious works all, but I fell in love the cups! every detail are beautiful! greetings, Rose Marie

Unknown said...

I am participating in the Mad Tea Party too and I am so excited to see what you have done! Ok, these are absolutely amazing...stunning! That fairy school..omg I would pay big bucks for that! I love them all and Dawn did such a great job on the lovely teacup I just can not get my eyes full!!

Anonymous said...

How marvelous! The fairie school was charming - reminded me of the Cottingsley Fairies. I love all these lovely images and am chomping at the bit to try my hand at it. Trouble is - I've got such a workload of writing. But, I am determined - I have been so inspired by all the lovely artists I'm meeting in blog world. My goal - by summer's end I shall create an ATC!
Joy!
Miss Kathy

Micupoftea said...

Nice teacups and atc's....can't wait to see your teaparty post :)

Ycats said...

I love it all! the Tea cups are just darling!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous array of lovely creations, but the fairy school is my fave. And the cat sitting guarding it! Hugs, Valerie

Shirley N said...

Gosh, they're all so beautiful and inspiring!

Lady Jane said...

So much talent. I so enjoy my visits to you Terri. Thank you for sharing.

Cynthia said...

The fairy house is beautiful! And I love those tea-cups. This gives me inspiration to do something for my great-niece, a real girly-girl who loves tea parties. She'd flip over a book or banner made with beautiful tea cups.

Marjanne said...

I love your blog!! you show us so many beautiful creations!!

Createology said...

This is such an interesting group of creative art pieces. Each card, ATC and Tea Page Swap is beautiful. That Fairy School is simply enchanting. Kitty is wondering how she will fit into this tiny little piece of whimsy. Lovely my dear...

Suz said...

Terri,
This is just incredible. I have been "researching" background techniques, etc., because I want to be able to create some of the lovely things that you and others do. I just came home with two books from B and N (which are terrific) but I love your techniques and so appreciate that you describe what you do. Thank you! This was a wonderful post!
Hugs,
Suz

Home and Heart said...

What a bunch of beautiful creations!! I am lucky to have some of Michelle's ATC's when I first started making them. Wasn't the teacup swap fun? Have a great weekend Terri!

Marfi-topia said...

so much talent and inspiration!
i love the strawberry paper cup.
your fairy school tutorial is so wonderful...& Theresa's fairy school has so much to look at, it's beautiful.
have a great day, can't wait to see your party post:)

-marfi

Martha said...

Lovely treasures!

Donna said...

My goodness Terri! You certainly do a lot more than 'tea' and you do that beautifully. :o)

Beautiful gifts..and I love the fairy box. Lovely..lovely...

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Elaine A said...

Such absolutely stunning work! I love them all.

Elaine Allen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...