HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tissue Paper Transfer Video!


Hello All!
Today I am sharing with you my newest video. Tissue paper Transfers! Yay! I love creating with these transfers, the variety of images are endless and can be used in all types of projects. You can used them for backgrounds, for layers, for cards, tags, to cover boxes...all kinds of ways. Below is an ATC card I made using a tissue transfer image in the background. I took the images from an vintage women's magazine.


Since creating this video I have realized that I can rub a bit of black Stazon ink on one side of the transparency, just a light coating, and then the printer is able to "see" it better. No need for the extra copy paper sheet. Remember to seal your tissue paper after you print it, both sides. This helps to stop bleeding of the ink when you adhere it to your art work with glue or gel medium. Even then, be careful as you apply it not to rub too much. Test out a little piece of your transfer first, just to see how set the ink is.


Hugs to you all!
Terri

13 comments:

Jem said...

So looking forward to checking out your latest video, thank you so much for sharing these with us all!

Jem xXx

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

My goodness, what a great tutorial! Really appreciate you taking the time to link up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. I know how busy you are so I'm so honored.

Mel Dreams Often said...

Wow! This is pretty cool. Thanks for posting. I saw you at Homemaker on a Dime. I'm your newest follower.

Farah said...

Hi Terri... wonderful tutorial.. i defiantly try it... thanks a lot for sharing...
Visit me if you can
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Shirley N said...

You are so inspiring Terri, thanks for the great video!

peggy gatto said...

3 words
fabulous, thank you!

Jenn Erickson said...

New follower by way of the Creative Bloggers hop at Homemaker on a Dime! So pleased to meet you.

Really, really thrilled to find such a beautiful, creative and inspiring blog through a blog hop -- it makes the whole experience worthwhile.

I can't wait to put the tissue paper transfer to practice and to check out more of your tutorials and videos.

Best, Jenn/Rook No. 17

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Great job Terri...What a quick and fun project.

Blessings Kelsie

Ann said...

fabulous!!
thanks so much for this tutorial!

Dee in N.H. said...

Great video! Thanks so much!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Terri,
I found this from your egg in the teacup. This is the funnest idea, I can't wait to try it, so clever! Your tutorial is great!!
Hugs,
Bella

Anonymous said...

Terri..Your video was great. I'd never seen that 3M film before, but am now on a 'mission' to see if it exists in my neck-of-the-woods. If not, a trip to the big city may be in order.
I can see a zillion uses for the technique. Thanks for your inspiration. You are a doll for sharing it!
Hugs
Jan

Lena said...

Hi Terri,

Thank you for sharing your video for making these transfers. I'm excited about giving your technique a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...