HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Busy and Thankful

 Hello All,
It is the last week of March 
And spring is starting to look like it might just be here!
I am dreaming of the day my lilac bush blooms!
Yay!

Lately it has been late nights and early mornings as I work hard on my newest class.
I am having way to much fun! 
The deadline to finish is Friday night
(update, that would be today!)
Yikes!

May I share about my latest creative journey?


Necklaces I have been making for my (self) class all have their own names...
Each one her own theme.
The one above is about taking good care of myself.
Sometimes I can get so very busy!
This necklace is a supportive reminder to me.
Her delicate colors remind me of my dear Lilacs.


This lovely girl supports me around my own inner self knowledge.
Her vintage luminous rosary pearls are softened with age,
a great feel for a piece around wisdom : )
In my class, I share how to create these simple inexpensive bezels.
As well as inspiration and creating artwork.

"Beauty and Delight"

This is the most recent one I have made,
she looks very different but uses the same techniques,
 and I found the creative process very enlightening.

and she has to do with how beauty and delight have
been my healing for many years.
And my necklace reflects that.....
many symbolic charms, dangles and tangles...
images, and stampings...
that resonate with me.
Putting this all together really gave me more clarity.

So....sharing this class at Creative Workshops has already been a blessing to me...
And I have Gail to thank for that : )

And Gail of Creative Workshops is an amazing mentor and business woman,
as well as a talented artist and all around lovely person!
I was lucky to meet up with her a couple weeks ago.


She very kindly made me this sweet adorable cuff!
I adore these colors together and I admire the stitching and lace!
I love it!
You can see more of her beautiful creations on her blog Shabby Cottage Studio.
Her recent blog tells about her Gelli plate and how she is doing screen printing.
It looks incredible to me!
(the wrapping paper for the bracelet was made on a Gelli plate!)


*************************
AND...
 Last week I received a lovely surprise gift from Donna of   My Cup of Tea.
She had sent me the loveliest e-mail, and said she wanted my address.
What she sent was part of her own lucky find at an estate sale,
that she thought I would love. Isn't she kind!


And she was right...
I love what she sent, and her beautiful tea card too!
(and her dear stamped envelope, quote and all!)
She told me of a woman who collected these religious cards during her long life,
I loved knowing who these cards were special to.


 Donna, thank you so much for your kind generosity!
In turn, I too will share some of what she shared with me in my upcoming giveaway!
Yay!
I am putting together a sweet package of goodies!
Just to celebrate and say thank you again.

HELP Please...
I have somehow deleted my blogroll!
Do any of you know how to reinstate?  

I hope you are all doing well this week!
Hugs,
Terri



19 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Terri,
It was so great to hear from you.
Time just seems to slip away with each passing day and it so hard to keep up.
What beautiful jewelry your making these days. You Go Girl!!!
and what a precious gift your friend sent of the prayer cards. I was just talking to a GF the other day about how they rarely do them now a days. So sad to not have that rememberance.
Hugs Lynn

Elaine said...

So lovely to be creative on such beautiful projects,hope you make your deadline OK and are fortified by lots of lovely cups of tea today. What a thoughtful gift, I am sure you will make great use of this treasure.I too am looking forward to more blossoms in my garden, we have a self set white lilac near our front door and its blossoms come and go so quickly I pine for them when they fade away. Have a wonderful Easter. Elaine x

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Dear Terri.
I so loved reading this post and hearing about your video preparations for Creative Workshops
(it gives me great encouragement!)
and seeing you there with Gail was just a treat as I love to communicate with her so much!
Your workshop will be so amazing and how I would love to join in
(if I thought I could fit it in!).
Such a lovely gift from Gail also.

That was such a kind thought receiving all of those holy cards from your friend also.

Thanks for your sweet comment and have a Happy and Blessed Easter.

Hugs from Sunny downunder,
Suzy

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Fabulous happy mail!!! Love it!

Linda Kunsman said...

Your necklace and that cuff are really beautiful Terri, and I love the pic of you and Gail.What a really nice and thoughtful gift you have received. I'm sure you'll find lots of ways to use your cards in your art!
I'm anxiously awaiting my lilacs to boom too-such a lovely fragrance. A happy Easter to you!

Lucille said...

Hi Terry! What a lovely piece of jewelry that Soul Adornment is. Your new friend, Gail, is very talented. I went over to her blog and looked at her work. The gift of the religious cards is just so special. We can still buy cards like these, by the way. They sell them in stores where they sell religious items such as rosaries, statues, and anything religious. I look forward to seeing the beautiful things you will create. May I wish you a Happy Easter.

Anonymous said...

How great that you got to meet Gail....and what a beautiful cuff she made for you!
Your 'thoughtful' necklaces are divine and the gentle reminders to take care of yourself is perfect!
You certainly have rec'd some lovlies in the mail and this most recent pkg is outstanding! I can see you using those cards for more of your necklaces or in your art!
Happy Easter to you and yours....hope the bunny comes for a visit!
Warm hugs,
Jan

Veronica Roth said...

Very lovely Terri. You're very creative. I loev how you've taken a traditional rosary feeling and gave it a new modern look. Have a lovely long weekend :)

Frieda Oxenham said...

You've produced so much beauty there, Terri. It's simply breathtaking. And I love to read how each one has special meaning for you.

Unknown said...

I love both of those necklaces! I have a thing for Mary in some of my work in the last year. The cards you were gifted are absolutely beautiful! I wish I could solder at home, but with a 5 ear old around I think it is best not to. Maybe I'll have to buy one from you someday ;) Hope you have a blessed Easter.

Dorthe said...

Dear Terri,
Oh I have already drooled over your beautiful necklaces- they are fantastic, and so all what I love- wonderful also, that you adds pieces that speaks especially to you, and your soul, dear.It will be a wonderful class.
I love the wristcuf Gail made you ,so lovely, and all the pieces you recieved from your friend- I also collects holy cards.... when finding them on flea markets- I`know you will create amazing art with them!
Hugs and happy Easter my friend.
Dorthe-x

K J D said...

What a beautiful post so full of delights :)

Your jewellery is very special.

Happy Easter to you and yours

Karen x

Linda M. said...

Hi Terri, I love your jewelry pieces and their symbolism. I also enjoy seeing you and Gail together in that photo, two of my favorite teachers. Happy Easter!
Joy To You, Linda

Createology said...

Special and beautiful are your newest necklaces. How very exciting to be working on another class series. Meeting Gail is fabulous. With both of your creative styles you will soar. Wonderful gifts you have received. Happy Hopping and Easter Blessings...

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Just Stopping by to wish you a Happy Easter...
Bibiana

Cinderella Moments said...

Those necklaces are incredible. I absolutely love these. The soft colors are perfect. And the cuff is so cute! What a treat to see all your projects. Good luck with the classes. Happy Easter!
hugs♥,
Caroline

earthen-magic said...

...awesome magical post!...
...thee is having such a marvelous playtime! ~ and ~ the treasures that came by snail mail! ~ way swell!...
...may lilac ~ blossom for thee soOn! ~ thee art surrounded by lavender ~ pink`y ~ orange ~ and ~ emerald green sparkles! ~ blessed be!...(0;

Laurie said...

These are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Mаnagіng both business halvеs іs іmρortant.
Fіrst and foremοst, you havе to be pгеpared I ωaѕ
а miѕfit, confеsses Jason,
39, an eѵents oгganiѕer, hanԁlіng party aгrangements.



Heге is my site - email internet marketing service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...