HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Friday, May 17, 2013

Artist Share

Hello All

I wanted to share with you a gift I received from Dorthe....
She is such an amazing artist as well as wonderful person.
I have enjoyed getting to know her and finding out we both
love nature. 


 She sent me a glorious box of goodies,
all wrapped in old papers and ribbon, and vintage hankie,
I was over the moon opening all the little packages inside...


 Dorthe creates the loveliest dolls!
Have you been to her site?
She makes amazing mermaids and all kinds of imaginative beauties! Really. 
This one is a sweet angel...with bell buttons and rusty wire for wings.
She is perfectly crafted, every bit of her!
I have given her a place of honor guarding a corner of my art room.
She perches prettily on my table.

She sent along many pieces of beautiful fabric, vibrant and rich in texture.
There was vintage lace, beads, ribbon, two lovely religious metals,
and she also made this amazing collage art too! 

Do you see the little bundle of driftwood? 
She sent that as well...
She knows I love driftwood, shells, and stones.
The best part is that they are from near where Dorthe lives,
and she herself chose them. 

Thank you so much for your sweet and thoughtful gifts. I will treasure them all!


If you visit her lovely blog you will see her newest creation the Virgin Mary and Jesus. 
 Just click on the image above. 

I am already dreaming of using some of the fabric and lace Dorthe sent. I think some of it will end up working beautifully as I create My Garden Tea. 
Yay!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
I hope you are all having a very good week.
Hugs,
Terri
 

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving your happy mail!!

Tuire Flemming said...

What a lovely gift you've got! Love that doll!
Thanks for visiting my blog :). Your blog looks very interesting. I have to look it closer when I have better time. Now my daughter with her little daughter are coming at any minute...
Have a nice weekend!
Tuire

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Terri! What beautiful gifts you received from Dorthe. I just LOVE her beautiful angel doll...What a precious treasure she is! xo Paulette

Lucille said...

Hi Terri! What lovely gifts you have received! That fabric is gorgeous and I love that doll. I will go and visit her site. It must be interesting!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

So sweet and thoughtful of her- she is very talented!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Createology said...

You are very special to receive such beautiful handmade gifts from Sweet Dorthe. You have treasures and heirlooms for generations yet to come. I might be turning an unattractive shade of green from envy. Blessings Dear...

Linda Kunsman said...

what a generous and very thoughtful gift package Terri! Dorthe's angel doll is gorgeous. Blogging is full of kind, caring, artistic and giving talents isn't it? Enjoy!

Dorthe said...

OH sweet Terri, thankyou for showing my little gifts so beautifully- and thankyou even more for your lovely words about me.
You know ,your wonderful bracelet is a favorite piece for me to wear !!
Thankyou for your friendship ,that I treasure very much- you are such a lovely person, a fantastic artist, and a wonderful friend.
I love if you can use some of the fabric bits for your creations to your tea-party , how exiting dear.
I send you saturday hugs and love,
Dorthe, x

Marjanne said...

You lucky girl! The angel is just so lovely, and all the other thingies.... I am going to hop to her blog to take a look. Have a happy Sunday

http://tintacirera.blogspot.com/ said...

Adorable!!!

Edith DUTERTRE said...

hello
très jolie poupée
des beaux cadeaux
vous avez été gâté
bonne journée
bisous
edith (iris)

Becs said...

Hi Terri, it was so nice to be able to swap with you again. I love my fabric ATC. Can't wait to figure out how to display them all. Talk to you soon. Becs

Sugar Lump Studios said...

what a gorgeous angel from Dorthe and lovely treasures! Lucky you!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Terri,
how exiting to get such a precious gift. Congratulations.
Best gretings, Johanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...