HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Happy Thrusday!

Hello All!

It is a bright and glorious Thursday.
I woke up excited to continue on My Garden Tea preparation.
I will share a bit here of how it is coming along.... 

 What really brought this project on?
I think it was recent tragedies...
So sad, and my heart feels for all those who are
missing their loved ones right now.

I feel more strongly that life is precious.
Today is the day to do something I have always wanted to do...
Today is the day to stop and smell the roses...
Today is the day to be present with loved ones...
Today is the day to celebrate life and love...
Because we are here now

Do not postpone Joy!

So My Garden Tea is about celebrating life!

*****************

Here are some possible fabrics for chair seats. 
Not exactly what I was thinking, but close. 

I also found a old wicker frame for $1

and a Simply Shabby Chic curtain panel....don't know what it is for...
it could be so many different things : )


My daughter gave me a brilliant idea for the frame....Yay!


For this, I have found a cheap table, a couple chairs and other odds and ends.
I am hoping to create a tent inexpensively too... that is still brewing.


My kind hubby has helped out with all the more strenuous
work...like sanding, and repairing the chairs. 
Thank you sweetie!
 
I am thinking of using these Bavarian dishes...
$40 for 40 pieces at a thrift shop two years ago!
Yay!

So far so good!
I am working on the second chair and final coats of paint on the table. 
Next stop is to seal with soft wax...
hmmmmm clear or dark?


**********************
On another creative note...
Here is a recent swap I did with a wonderful group of creative people.
Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff, hosted her "Fabric of Nature" ATC swap.
Here are all the ATCs I received!


 Each one of these cards is wonderful!
This was the creative way I decided to display them.

Thank  you so much Liz, Carolyn, Amy, Marsha, Marlene, Becky, Maggie, Karla,Jewels and Kimberly!
I really appreciate all the work you did creating these
artful beauties! 
Thank you for hosting Kimberly : )

********************

Do you have a JoYful project for this summer? 
Would you like to join in My Garden Tea?

Hugs,
Terri

22 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Yes, let's celebrate life with a long weekend and I hope you have a lovely one too! Thank you for the party. Big hugs,
FABBY

Acorn to Oak said...

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun preparing for your tea. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful event. Life is wonderful and worth celebrating each and every day. :-)

my cup of tea said...

So sorry I had to miss this swap. Such beautiful creations!
I am preparing for my outdoor tea party as well and will post about it soon. You are making wonderful progress!
~Donna~

Lucille said...

Yes, I agree with you, we need to celebrate life. I'm enjoying all the sneak peaks. Your gifts are all so lovely and I love how you have displayed them. I also love the fabric you have selected and the frame is rather special!

June said...

I LOVE how you think Terri! Yes, we should all experience all the joy we can everyday because we don't know when it will be our last.
I adore the fabrics you are deciding on AND those dishes are GORGEOUS!
sending hugs...

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I am hoping to celebrate with you - but with all the rain we've been having in the PNW and the continuing rain forecast, I may have to have my garden party indoors. Not to worry - we are used to this kind of rain and lots of things get done indoors that would usually be done in the garden. I have new flowers to pot up - so they might be coming indoors to be in the tea party too.

Love the fabrics you've picked - I'm planning on making some pretty flowered cushions for the deck (or indoors) for the tea party - this is fun!!!

Createology said...

Today is all we have for certain so we really do need to be present and enjoy every moment. Beautiful fabrics and they all go really well together (hint). I cannot believe of all of Kimberly's swaps I have done I had to miss this one! These ATCs of fabric and nature are true bliss. Love the display. Happy Creative Hearts Dear...

Uniquely Ella said...

When I lost my dad over 20 years ago, is when I too realized that today is tomorrow and I never forget that anymore. I so understand your words. Thanks for the sneak peek, I too found a few goodies, how fun. Love how you displayed the ATCs, blessings.
xxx
Marlene

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I love your good attitude...and your creations.....and your love for All Things Tea, too.

I sure enjoy your posts, Terri.

Have a wonderful, safe and happy holiday weekend. Hugs.

Cinderella Moments said...

It's looking very romantic! All the parts you are pulling together are very beautiful. It's gonna be good! :)
hugs♥,
Caroline

Edith DUTERTRE said...

très romantique
tout est très beau
je ne peux plus travailler
comme ça , car je suis handicapée
j'ai très mal aux jambes !
j'admire donc chez d'autres les
changements de déco
à très bientôt
et joyeuses journée ,pour la fête des mères
tendresse
edith (iris) France


Felicity W said...

love the fabric.
the color and the rose on the fabric is shabby chic.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Love the atc's and can't wait to see your completed project. Have a wonderful Memorial weekend!

Beedeebabee said...

Terri, I can hardy wait to see what you're cooking up for this tea party! I know it's going to be extra special. All of your little peeks look so wonderful, and those dishes are just gorgeous!...What pretty swap goodies and you've displayed them so cleverly... Have a lovely holiday weekend! xo

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

everything is so lovely Terri, I can't wait to see everything finished
hugs

Linda Kunsman said...

what an all around lovely post Terri. I love those fabrics and dishes!! You're going to have such a beautiful space. Looks like a great swap-beautiful cards.

Dorthe said...

Terri ,dear-
I so agree with you- we must live in the here and now, never forgetting to smell the roses!!! At least we have to try learning to do so every day!!
Your fabrics for the chairs looks beautiful- I love the blue one with roses- but they are all lovely, and your table looks totally new now- also the little stool- wonderful with white paint! Wonder what you will do with the frame ? wicker frames and chairs are one of my loves :-) and the plates -OH they are adoraBLE Terri- and then for that price !!! Lucky you !!-This party will be the most amazing one this summer, I`m sure !!
The swap dear Kimberly organised gave you so many beautiful tags in return for your own lovely ones- they looks wonderful in your metal holder!
Sending you weekend and holiday hugs-
Dorthe,xx


K J D said...

This all looks so much fun....

beautiful atcs too

thank you for your sweet comment :)

Karen

Marjanne said...

You are so right when you say we must live now and not postpone joy! Life goes so fast.... Thank you for your sweet words on my blog. I love your blog and all your lovely ideas and creations!!

debi said...

Terri, everything is so pretty! Can't wait for the tea party!

Lululiz said...

What a lovely way to display the ATCs from the Fabric of Nature swap. I was delighted to receive your ATC in my swap package alongside all the other beautiful ATCs.

Maminka Girl - Loribeth Robare said...

Hi Terri,

I am swooning after catching up with all your projects. I can so relate to your "celebrate joy now" philosophy. I have lost my mom, very dear friend unexpectedly and my sweet dog in the last 6 weeks and it has numbed me. Seeing your plans for a garden tea has perked me up and I cannot wait to see your beautiful tent. Love those pastel chairs and all your lovely china. What a wonderful idea. Thank you for all that inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...