HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Monday, June 13, 2016

Unexpected Beauty


Hello All!
It is lovely to be back with you for Tea Cup Tuesday!

I have missed so many teas with Dear Martha
and all of you, that I feel fortunate to be here with you today.
How is your spring? 
Summer is just around the corner : )
 

I spotted this small group of dishes sitting on a Goodwill shelf. 
It was the coloring that drew my eye. 
Hard to capture on camera,
but they are a lovely blue/green coloring.  
I do not normally see china like this at my GW.  


Only one tea cup set...
 

They seem a little bohemian to me with the unusual coloring
and the interesting burgundy detail around the edge. 
The orange flowers and some parts of other flowers are 
actually raised bumps of paint. 


I will not be drinking out of the tea cups though,
they have seen better days. 

Maybe they are this cracked and worn because some one 
loved them so much they used them every day.


I am sure I can find a good spot for them, 
or a use for them that will suit...and add beauty at the same time.
Maybe a bird's nest inside one,
or turn them into a bird feeder? 

They brought a smile to my face, so I brought them home : )

From the two backstamps we can see that this pattern is called
 "Chelsea Sprays".
What a sweet name. 
There are many Calyx Ware patterns by Adams.
I have seen many online but have not see
Chelsea Sprays.

It is Calyx Ware and was made by the Adams company of England.
They are a very well known old company. 


This is plate's backstamp, it is a bit more clear.


--*--*--*--

My family is doing a little better and we 
are encouraged with our increased health lately.
We have found a new protocol for our
genetic disorder and it seems to be actually working!
Fingers crossed as this is just one of many
many protocols we have tried.
We appreciate so much all your prayers,
cards and good healing wishes! 

Since Easter, I have been doing a little crafting,
some new glitter houses, a painting and lately
I have been working on a new Jane Austen 
ornament.

There are lots of steps to making a glitter house,
I begin with a picture of a house I love and 
then try to make a paper mock up.


 Here she is with some stucco.




Now she had a chimney!
Coming along..... 
She is actually almost done
and I will share her closer to Christmas.
I named her Brambly Cottage,
But I am not sure it is the right name for her
now that she is all pink. 
I am working on the Parsonage next and 
she is half way done.  


It is quite fun working on Christmas crafts
in the June heat! lol! 

  
I am visiting as many tea parties as I can today : )
Martha and I got to catch up on the phone last week,
and it was a delight to speak with her 
and hear her good news.

I am hopping over to 
Sandi's for her No Place Like Home party,
then to Bernideen's for her BTTCG party 
and of course over to Martha's place 
for Teacup Tuesday 310!  

Thank you very much for stopping by!

A candle to remember the many who just lost their lives in Orlando.
 My heartfelt sympathy to those who are grieving.

Hugs,
Terri


21 comments:

Mimi said...

Terri, you have such a sweet way with your images and vignettes. I adore your new teacup. I agree it looks quite Bohemian, and very unusual. I wonder if I can entice you to join us at Five Star Frou-Frou to link with other creative souls? I'd love to host you. Love, Mimi xxx

Snap said...

Good Afternoon, Terri! So nice to see you. I love the china you found at GW. Such a pretty color and pattern. I'm sure you'll find a good use for them ... just looking at them gives me pleasure. One of my local tea shops is having a special evening coming up -- how to make bird feeders from teacups. Wish you were here! Love seeing your crafting and little houses. Such treasures.

Margie said...

I'm currently going through a turquoise phase so I'm a fan of the lovely tea set that you found at your local thrift store. I would have taken them home with me too!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

How wonderful to see a post from you, Terri, and know that you and your family are doing well. Prayers will continue for you.
Your GW purchase is so sweet, as is your darling house that you're creating. Thank you for your dear visit to my blog. May you have a wonderful week.

Bernideen said...

Dear Terri:
Glad - yes down right happy - the hear you are better. I loved seeing your dishes and recall that in my journey's I have seen this pattern somewhere. Don't ask me where. Lovely colors and the aqua is very popular now! Thanks for sharing and linking.

Kjersti Eriksen said...

Dear Terri. I have wondered, and been a little worried too, that you became so silent. I have loved following your blog posts, and drop by several times each week. I am so glad that you and your family are doing better, and hope the improvement in health keep up :-)
How I love your little house <3 Too bad Christmas is so far away. I hope you will provide small sneek peeks as you continue to work on it.

All the best from Norway, Kjersti

K J D said...

Thank you for 'visiting' :)

It always makes me happy to see a post from you Terri.

What a wonderful find.... it really is pretty. I love the colours..... and the sweet pattern.
I can understand you taking it home with you even if you won't be using it for tea drinking!

I am already excited about seeing your 'glitter' house finished.... now is the perfect time for Christmas crafts really.... not enough time at Christmas ;)

I'm off to look up 'glitter houses' on pinterest!

Lots of love to you and your family

Karen x

Linda Kunsman said...

So good to hear from you dear Terri and to know you are doing well. What a really beautiful teacup set-I love the unique touches of color like on the the rim. Your cottage is looking gorgeous already! And good for you to be thinking ahead with holiday crafts. I just can't wrap my brain around it yet...

Dorthe said...

Oh my dear Terri, what a beautiful post from you.
You know how happy I am, knowing about you and your son feeling better with this new protocol.
The teacup, and set is so lovely, and yes a little bohemian in colors ,used so many together. But how happy they look, with the mix and beautiful rim in this red tone.
Using the cup for something creative ,like a birds nest, would be so sweet dear, I know you will com up with something wonderful and creative.
The house will be a most wonderful cottage, when finished, I already love the walls, and chimney .
We have been thinking a lot of the poor people whom lost relatives in the shooting!!
Warm hug from your Dorthe

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Dear Terri,
I am so glad to hear the new protocol is giving you favourable results! As you know, I pray for you and your family every day and I am thrilled to hear this! I adore aqua and soft turquoise so your teacup is a winner with me. As for your wee cottage, I just about squealed, it's so adorable! I am glad you can create these lovely little cottages and then share them with all of us. It is a real treat to have you join us this week. Prayers for your ongoing good health. And of course we do remember those who have lost their loved ones in Orlando. Such a sad and tragic thing to take place! Enjoy your month of June, my friend.

Hugs & blessings,
Sandi

Karen said...

Hi Terri,
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family are feeling a little better. You are always missed in blogland and so it's wonderful to see you back. I also love going to Goodwill and looking for treasures and your newest finds really are pretty. I pray that your health continues to improve Sweet Terri. Blessings, Karen

Bernideen said...

Dear Terri:
If you haven't already done so - I hope you can come link this wonderful post!

Linda M. said...

Hello Terri,
It's been quite a while since I visited you. I was glad to hear from you with this tea cup post. Maybe next week I'll try to make join in tea party with one of my thrift store finds. I'm sorry to hear you've been having health issues. You have always been an inspiration to me. Thanks you for sharing your lovely things and your talents. Hugs, Linda

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Terri! So nice to hear from you and that things are doing a bit better! I love Calyx wear...it is always such a joy. It's always great to see one of your wonderful projects in process too! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Terri: It always does my heart good to see you post. I can't wait to see those houses at Christmas. Still praying for both of you. Hugs, Martha

Frieda Oxenham said...

It's so great to be able to share a cup of tea with you again, and specially in such a lovely cup. And a glimpse at your art work is always a treat too.
Hope things work out with the new protocol and sending best wishes and much love.

Bernideen said...

What's wrong with me Terri - am I blind? Thanks for sharing and linking. I loved it!

Bernideen said...

Terri:
Just letting you know that this post was featured today on my blog! Congratulations!

Lady Linda said...

I so adore your posts Terri. I hope things are going better for you. I think of you often with a smile. Your teacups are just so interesting. WOW...I love your little houses. They do look like a great deal of work. Not sure I could do that. I can't wait to see all the finished houses later this year. Hugs to you!

Marjanne said...

How is it possible I missed theze last three posts of yours! I hope you are fine! The little cottage is so cute!!!

janice15 said...

How do you make these glitter houses, I love her and I think Bramley Cottage is a perfect name for her... Love the tea cups too. With love Janice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...