HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Independence

Independence day already? Wow. This year has been traveling swiftly for me. Along the way I have been having some great times and some tough times, but all in all "it's all good!"

Actually, independence has been a theme around my home this past year with my two youngest graduating from high school and going off to college in the fall! We have all been adjusting to new independence for them and for my hubby and I. I am in the process of transforming from a full time happy mother for the past 25 years to......well, to what I ask myself? I guess that is what I am figuring out.

My leap into the world of art four years ago has been a blessings. It has lead me to new areas of interest for myself, new areas of growth. I truly believe art is expression of self. I find it invigorating, challenging and fun! With art you just have to let go and trust your instincts. I appreciate all that I am able to do in my art room! I appreciate all the wonderful artists I have met online that have been so inspiring and supportive.

I know my kids are going to do very well in whatever they choose to put their energy into. I am so proud of them! It is exciting to see where their path will lead them, as well as where my new path will lead me too! Like I said before....It is all good! Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Debby said...

I am so happy you decided to jump into the art world, love seeing your work. Congrats to the kids.
debby

Jan Thomason said...

terri, i can sooooo appreciate what you said about your youngest two going off to college...our youngest left for college LAST autumn and left my husband and myself all alone in this big ol' house.
we kind of rattle around in it, but he has his ranching to keep him occupied, and government surveys he does for the ag dept., and i have my studio and my art.
but, i really do empathize with you.

we're so proud of our three boys, as you are with yours, and i'm sure we will both continue to be proud, be there for them and get really excited when they come home for visits!

so glad to have met you and i look forward to getting to know you better.
warmly,
jan

Jan Thomason said...

terri, i just noticed that you are a member of the paper whimsy forum and that jan-ella follows your blog.
I'M a member of the paper whimsy forum, too! have you been there long? are you going on the retreat??? oh, you must email me.
polkadotbarn@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...