HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Sunday, July 4, 2010

This weekend I actually had time to play! Oh, I love to play! I made this fun ATC for the monthly lottery over at Paperwhimsy. The theme is "Castles", I luckily had an old stamp of a fantasy castle, which I stamped over some H20 shimmering watercolors. The images are from Paperwhimsy. I do enjoy dreaming about beautiful homes, just like this whimsy girl.

I love to make all kinds of jewelry. This is what I call a "vintage collage necklace". I used some white flowers from my friend Marlynn, and created a side focal piece, and then used a vintage rhinestone and cameo for the main focal piece, backing it with an old scrap of lace. This is a mix of vintage beads, vintage rhinestones, vintage lace, a vintage clasp (not shown) and some natural stone beads I fell in love with.


The pearl necklace at the neck is from an antique store, and the crystal necklace is from a thrift store.
I left them on the mannequin just for show, I don't think I would wear these all together! Now I need just the right top to wear my necklace with.

I am all excited about making my first cloth doll. I bought Cloth Doll Artistry by Barbra Willis at Joann's Fabrics last week and I have been mesmerized by it ever since. I hope tomorrow to get to give it a go. I am looking forward to collecting fabrics for the outfits.
Thank you again, for stopping by.
Hugs,
Terri

15 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Terri,

I love your paperwhimsy creation and love the necklaces on your dress form. I think we all love to adorn them. I used to wear a lot of jewelry but now I prefer to let something else in my studio wear it. :0)

I just got my email notification of the paperwhimsy sale! Did you get yours?

Have fun with the cloth dolls...I really want to makes some too.

Have a wonderful day,
Stephanie ♥

Home and Heart said...

Your jewelry is just beautiful, you are a woman of many talents.

Rella said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous necklace! And I am awaiting the said book...any day now and perhaps we will be doing dolls together.....from afar. :)

xox Rella

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Yay to play, Yay to play, for I could do this every day!!!! This was a lovely post full of beautiful things! Thanks for sharing! Blessings.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Terri
I am drooling all over the keyboard this morning! Your ATC is just the sweetest thing ever! I love the castle and wonderful details you incorporated.
And that vintage necklace...oh la la! GORGEOUS! Hope you had a great 4th! :)

PeggyR said...

I love your artwork! I'm glad you had time to create over the weekend.

Elia said...

Beautiful blog!
Thanks for this moment..
huges from Spain,
eljardindemiduende
^^

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Terri,
Your jewelry is gorgeous! The book looks so great. A definite must for me. I'll put it in my faves.
Have a great week ahead.
Holly

Princesa Nadie said...

Your necklaces are really pretty, I love them!
You are an artist with an exquisite taste
Hugs

bj said...

Just stopped by to link up for tea. :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI.....I found your site via Shabby Cats and Roses...Brenda mentioned you in her Teacup Tuesday post...so I just wanted to pop on over for a short visit and "hello" :) :) :) Hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Cassandra said...

WOW your necklace is stunning! I love the colors. So very beautiful. xo Cassandra

Jann said...

What a wonderful ATC! I just love it! And the gorgeous jewelry speaks for itself--you are so very talented!

Linda Vincent said...

I love your necklace Terri; you are multi-talented!
Sweet ATC also....great colour combination.
Hugs
Linda x

mamazerty...alias evelyne said...

i like it very much too!
happy to meet you^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...