HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thrusday Night and All Is Well



Good evening all!

Today was just pure lovely! The sun was out and the temperature couldn't have been more amiable. Spring flowers have opened up everywhere and birds were sitting on my porch warbling happy tunes! I am so thankful for all the many beautiful things to notice in my day.

I was blessed with spending the afternoon with my dear friend. We picked up groceries for a couple new recipes and then returned to my house to create them. That was fun! And the food ended up tasting very delicious! I am so thankful for my dear friend and the sharing we do!

Having good friends is one of the greatest of treasures! And here in blogland I have met so many wonderful people and become great friends with them too. What? You say..."how can you be such good friends with someone you have never met???" Well, it is interesting, you would think that couldn't be possible, but it is. I have grown close to people here on the net I have never met. I would like to meet them, but even if I never do, I know our friendship is unique and valuable. I treasure them.

In the many swaps that I do, I get to meet beautiful people. I learn so much from them, and from making the swap item. I am often just amazed at what someone creates!
This photo is of a Chatelaine that I am swapping. I had never made one before and I have wanted to make something in all creams and pearls for a while, so this was a great opportunity.

Hugs to each of you!
Terri

16 comments:

Lou said...

Ohhh Teri This is soo beautiful! Your very lucky swap partner! I have been wanting to try creams and whites too... just nervous.. but you make it look so easy...I love that silk rolled rose too! So very effective!
Love
Lou xx

Terri Gordon said...

Terri, Your chatelaine is just beautiful. I love the cream color, it looks so rich and soft. I always love your beautiful work, have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

Tumbleweed Trails said...

It is so very pretty. The photo caught my eye right away.
Jody

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

I have made them before...
NEVER this cute!
My heart skipped a beat when I saw it!
xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful chatelaine, Terri--lucky swap partner!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about making blog friends--it's hard to explain to those that don't blog, isn't it?

Hope you're having a wonderful night!

Tristan Robin said...

What a really beautiful little treasure you've created! Very romantic and delicate.

Heh heh - I know just what you mean - sometimes even I am surprised at the number of my friends who were first met online!

Thank goodness I'm in the age of the internet. If I had been twenty years older, I would have to get dressed and brush my hair to meet people!

Ozstuff said...

Terri, your chatelaine is exquisite. Absolutely beautiful. I have learned something new today which is surprising for me because my family are always telling me I am a know-it-all!! The old meaning of chatelaine was a housekeeper who held the keys of the mansion and other bibs and bobs on a giant ring on her belt and I can now see why your delicate carry-all is so called.
Wonderful work which I couldn't even come close to in a month of Sundays.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Terri,
Your Chatelaine is absolutely stunning! I am so inspired by all of the creative people I have met through blogging and even though I am not at this long, I understand completely what you are saying about having friends over the internet. I have already made some very dear friendships . Blogging is a wonderful thing!
Debbie

Claudia said...

The chatelaine is gorgeous, Terri! Oh my gosh, you do such lovely work!

xo
Claudia

Lynn said...

Wow, this is an absolutely stunning creation Terri, but then everything you create is :)
I too am very grateful for my friends in blog land. A lot of people in my out of blog land just don't get it, but it's their loss LOL. I find real connections to people here, and I would be lost without that.
Happy Weekend
Lynn

Sonny G said...

Terri, you do stunning work.. I cant imagine anyone not being thrilled to receive something so lovely.
Sonny

Marlynn said...

Oh WOW, Terri - it is delicious! The creams and pearls beautiful. YOu are one talented artist creating such beauties! I am so glad your recipies turned out good. It is so bad when they don't, and I have had a few of those, sounds great until you cook it! LOL *hugs* my dear friend!

Debby said...

Hi Teri, I love, love what your are making, gorgeous. Don't yah just love the creams and white. YUM!!!! I know what you are saying about blog friends, some days I just have to shake my head at the friendship's I have made. I even find myself talking about my friends to people that think I have gone mad. LOL...
Hugs,
Debby

Chani said...

What beautiful vintage treasures you have!
Love, Chani

Ann said...

so beautiful!!
you are so very right about friends made from blogging. I have made some VERY DEAR friends that I wouldn't trade for the world!! they are so special to me and always will be..we just clicked right away and had so much in common,I would love to meet them personally,but until then, we have shared photos ,etc!

cristina said...

swoon...i am over the moon sweet terri that this beautiful piece of art is for me. it is even lovelier in person. you are SUCH a talented artist and lovely friend. thank you, thank you!
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...